Monday, August 2, 2010

Crack Caramel



Sonic Youth are an amazing band, but I'm afraid their feedback-fest was over-shadowed for me this weekend by something far sweeter. My friends and I queued up to see Kim et al rock Prospect Park in Brooklyn for a FREE show. The waiting was worth it not just to have our ears expanded, but because of the best ice cream ever being sold from a cart inside the arena.

I've come to realize I love ice-cream more than any other sweet treat, and could eat one a day if funds allowed (n.b ice-cream - like everything else - is super expensive in NYC. sigh). Anyway, I've eaten plenty of gelato since arriving stateside, and Saturday's cone from Brooklyn's Ample Hills Creamery was just divine. I think the flavour was called something like "salty crack caramel"(I may have added the crack part). It had chunks of crunchy caramel or honeycomb in it, plus hunks of chocolate. It was so delicious, I failed to take a picture - hence the one above, from Ample Hills own web site!

(p.s In typical best/worst style, I managed to drip ice-cream on my favourite bag, which earlier had been shat on by a bird. Ah, them's the breaks).

No comments:

Post a Comment